The Advanced Services Group is internationally recognised for its interdisciplinary and applied research on the topics relating to advanced services and servitization. We pride ourselves on attracting students from across the globe, who are independent thinkers wanting to pursue their career in academia or professional industry.
As a Doctoral student you will receive thorough training in research methods, as well as outstanding supervision and mentoring. All our academics and researchers are thought leaders on servitization and advanced services, have a wealth of experience in industry and cultivate close relationships with our partner companies. Studying in this environment offers you the opportunity to design and develop research that not only extends our theoretical knowledge, but also addresses real-world challenges.
What we offer
- Scholarship for exceptional candidates
- Rigorous training in research methods
- Access to industrial companies for data collection
- Extra funding for conference attendance
- Full access to current quantitative and qualitative data from industrial companies
Research areas and topics
- Servitization, product-service systems (PSS) and advanced services in the industrial context
- Business model design and innovation required to become to an outcome-based provider
- The role of the Internet of Things (IoT) and other technological innovation in the change towards servitization
- The role of big data, AI and data analytics in servitization
- Digital platforms and ecosystems in industrial service innovation
- Customer experience journey and service transformation
If you are interested in any of the above topics, we would like to invite you to apply.
For more details and to discuss your research ideas, please contact:
Dr Ali Z. Bigdeli (firstname.lastname@example.org), Associate Professor (Reader) in Industrial Service Innovation