The Spring Servitization Conference 2020
Important dates for authors
New deadline: full paper or executive summary deadline: 19 April 2020
*(Submissions must be ready for printing, no further changes after this date)
The Spring Servitization Conference (#SSC2020) is dedicated to understanding how organisations can develop and adapt their business models through servitization and advanced services. Under the theme of Advanced Services for Sustainability and Growth the conference will bring together the world’s leading researchers, practitioners and doctoral students to debate and engage with the theory and practice of servitization in Birmingham, UK.
Monday 14 and Tuesday 15 September 2020: Academic Programme
The conference will also feature keynotes from senior executives at leading manufacturing businesses, along with poster-based presentations of emergent research.
We welcome contributions from the academic fields of strategic management, marketing, operations management, industrial engineering, and service management. We also welcome contributions from practitioners and especially interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary research.
Any aspect of servitization and encompassing topics are welcome, such as:
• International comparisons, trade, economic and meta-study analyses of market and social trends in services growth,
• Services-centric competitive strategies,
business models and especially evidence of impact on growth and sustainability,
• Synergies with complementary topics such as Product-Service Systems, Industrial Product-Service Systems, circular economy and Industry 4.0,
• Insights into servitization adoption across geographic regions, large and small manufacturing organisations, transformation and transition pathways,barriers and enablers.
• Services marketing, solutions, services dominant logic, differentiation, pricing and revenue models,
• Services operations, supply chain and value network, organisational structures and processes,
• Services finance, risk aspects of services and legal contracts,
• Human factors in service design and delivery,
• Digital capabilities enabling services (e.g.smart products, digital twin, IoT, AI, Big data, and data analytics). Sourcing and partnerships,
• Engineering and design for services
Day three of the conference will be dedicated to a Business Convention, comprising a full-day of corporate
speakers and workshops. Find out more
Day three is part of the academic programme therefore all academic delegates are automatically registered for the World Servitization Convention.
All enquiries should be directed toward Jill Forrest,
Telephone: +44 (0) 121 204 3249